Award winning South Wales based company Edwards Coaches has added another trophy to its cabinet as it wins BEST COACH OPERATOR FOR GROUPS 2020.
In different circumstances this year, the awards were broadcast live on YouTube TV. The Group Travel Awards are the highlight of the group travel industry year.
Competition was particularly strong but ultimately it is the travelling public who decide the winners by voting for the travel companies they consider the best in the business.
Edwards said: “In this difficult year we are delighted to have the honour of calling ourselves Group Travel Award winners once again. Being the only Welsh Company to win an award is both very exciting and humbling.
We cannot thank our incredible customers enough for their support over the years and for voting for us in the awards, they’re all amazing!”
- Edwards Coaches Ltd was established in 1925
- Celebrating 95 years in business this year
- Award winning National Express operator, including the Gold Standard Operator
- Winner of its second British Travel Award in 2019
- Winner of ‘Livery of the Year’ at the 2019 Wales Transport Awards for its Red Dragon coach and local service bus vehicles
- Still family owned and run, now in its 5th generation.
- Owners of 3* The Portbyhan Hotel in Looe, Cornwall
Notes to Editors:
- Edwards Coaches are a well-established family business and one of Wales’ leading premier tour operators boasting a history of innovation that began in 1925.
- The company has grown from a small operator of 18 vehicles in 1970 to 60 vehicles by the year 2000. Today (2020) there are 270 vehicles operated.
- Edwards continues to operate a popular local bus service which operates from the Pontypridd to Cardiff area, including the Royal Glamorgan Hospital.
- Edwards transport over 54,000 clients on their own holiday programme
- In addition Edwards boasts a team of enthusiastic and knowledgeable group travel experts, who give large groups the opportunity to tailor their own tours and can assist them in making their ideas a reality. They also have an extremely busy private hire department that provides coaches for not only local clubs and societies but the Wales rugby and football teams, Cardiff City football club, The British Lions and most of the visiting teams to the Principality Stadium. Edwards boasts an unrivalled educational tour department called Edwards Education and Youth Tours, which provides high quality tours and travel for schools and colleges. In addition they own and run the Portbyhan Hotel in Cornwall.