UK and Welsh award winning company Edwards Coach Holidays is looking forward to restarting their holiday programme on the 17th May 2021 after a long 8 months due to the Covid 19 pandemic.
With over 300 coaches parked in the depot and a loss of holiday revenue amounting to approximately £12 million they are really excited to be transporting customers again on their well-deserved holidays.
Edwards has seen a boom in coach UK and European holiday sales with many customers booking multiple trips throughout 2021. Edwards have introduced a robust safety procedure (called ‘It’s good to be back’) to ensure their holiday programme runs compliant with the very latest guidelines and Covid 19 restrictions. Edwards’ meticulous planning has certainly given a renewed energy and confidence to its customers to travel safely once more, it was briefly tried and tested in 2020 and Edwards feel this has helped to build customer confidence.
Sales Manager, Melanie Mullins, states:
Our customers are extremely excited about the prospect of going on that dream holiday once more, fresh air, great food a change of scenery with great company, what’s not to like!
Edwards Coaches Managing Director, Jason Edwards, commented:
Edwards has remained open throughout the Covid – 19 pandemic, keeping in constant contact with our loyal customers and refunding some £1.2 million passengers cancelled holidays without hesitation. The 17th May is going to be a momentous day with the restart of our holiday programme and many locally employed staff returning to work to do what they do best! Our business, its staff and customers have had a torrid time over the last year. Finally the time has come to put it all behind us and look forward to a very bright future.
Edwards Holidays are on sale for 2021 and 2022. With a high demand, customers are advised to book early and avoid disappointment.
Our 1st holidays are departing on 17th May 2021
Swansea (SA6 8QG) – 0740
HQ (CF72 8QZ) – 0830
Cardiff (CF72 8SA) – 0900
Magor (NP26 3YL) – 0945
Contact Melanie Mullins – 07947654638 for further details
- Edwards Coaches Ltd was established in 1925
- Celebrating 96 years in business this year
- Employ 550 staff across South, West Wales and Bristol
- 60,000 coach holiday passengers a year
- Operate 220 coaches
- Operate the National Express services from Wales and the West to the UK. Covering some 44 times around the world in a single year
Notes to Editors:
- Still family owned and run, now in its 5th generation. Edwards Coaches are a well-established family business and one of Wales’ leading companies boasting a history of innovation that began in 1925.
- They transport over 60,000 clients on their own holiday programme
- Operate local bus services within the community to the market town of Pontypridd and also into Cardiff City Centre.
- They also have an extremely busy coach hire department that provides coaches for not only local clubs and societies but the Wales rugby and football teams, The British Lions and most of the visiting teams to the Principality Stadium.
- In addition Edwards boasts a team of enthusiastic and knowledgeable group travel experts, who give large groups the opportunity to tailor their own tours and can assist them in making their ideas a reality
- Edwards boasts an unrivalled Educational Tour department called EEYT which provides high quality tours and travel for schools and colleges.
- In addition they own and run the 44 bedroom Portbyhan Hotel in Cornwall.
Edwards Holidays journey through Covid – 19
- March 2020 – Shutdown, start of Covid -19
- May 2020 – Restructure to streamline the business
- June 2020 – Refunded £1.2 million to holiday customers
- June 2020 – Transferred over 3000 customer holidays
- July 2020 – Introduced more effective pick up points
- October 2020 – Prices reduced for 2021
- December 2020 – Launched our 2021 holiday supplement with over 50 new tours.