Edwards Coaches are seen as the market leader within South Wales when it comes to coach travel, however it seems they have caught the attention of eyes firmly set in Westminster, London. With headquarters just north of the Welsh capital Cardiff, Edwards Coaches are celebrating their 90th year of operation and it seems the recognition just keeps coming their way, following an unprecedented year in picking up awards; they have recently been invited to attend an end of year Parliamentary Review.
Commercial Director, Jason Edwards FCILT was the recipient of the invite from Parliament and was delighted to receive such high recognition, a mark of just how far the company has grown and developed in recent years. The invitation was a request to join and represent the UK Transport Industry as part of the 2015/16 Parliamentary Review.
Chaired by The Right Honourable George Osborne MP and The Right Honourable Patrick McLoughlin MP, the review has previously hosted multi-national companies from FedEx to Hermes and Twente Express. For Edwards Coaches to be recognised as a company who could attend the 2015/16 review is a great honour for the company and furthermore, an indication of the bright future which awaits them.
Edwards Coaches are winners of the following 2015 awards:
- Group Leisure Awards, Finalist – Best Group Tour Operator
- Route One Awards, Finalist – Large Coach Operator of the Year
- UK Property Awards – TGL Property “Commercial Renovation/ Redevelopment” Portbyhan Hotel
- National Express Engineering Audit – Gold Status
- Sunday Times Profit Track 100 – Ranking 29 on the annual league table of Britain’s private companies with the fastest growing profits
- TripAdvisor, “Portbyhan Hotel” – Certificate of Excellence
- Group Travel Awards, Winner – ‘Best Coach Operator for Groups’
- Silver Travel Advisor Awards, Nominated – ‘Best Coach Operator’
- National Coach Tourism Awards, Winner – ‘Tour Operator of the Year- Large Fleet’
- National Coach Tourism Awards, Winner – ‘Professional of the Year – Alan Clough’
- National Coach Tourism Awards, Winner – ‘Driver of the Year – Glyn Bowden’
- National Coach Tourism Awards, Winner – ‘Portbyhan Hotel – Individual Hotel of the Year’
- National Coach Tourism Awards, Finalist – ‘Holiday Programme of the year’
- UK Coach Awards, Winner – ‘Top Large Fleet Operator’
- UK Coach Rally, Winner – ‘Welsh Coach of The Year’
- National Express Awards, Winner – “UK Driver’s of the Year” – Brent Humphries and Gerwyn Roberts
- National Express Awards, Winner – ‘Operator of the year 16+ vehicles’
- National Express Awards, Winner – ‘High Achiever Award – Recognising Long Term Performance Above Standard’
- Accor Hotels UK, Winner – ‘Partnership Achievement Award’
- Edwards Coaches Ltd established in 1925.
- Celebrating 90 years in business this year.
- Operates 210 coaches daily and employ 470 local staff
- On average carry 7,500 school children daily.
- 80,000 coach holiday passengers a year.
- Operates National Express routes from South Wales of around 5 million miles per year.
- Operates a local service bus service to and from Cardiff.
- Still family owned and run, now in its 5th generation.
- 10 Brand new Mercedes-Benz Tourismo Coaches purchased 31 March 2015, costing £2,750,000
- Edwards Coaches enter the Sunday Times ‘Profit Track 100’ at number 29.