What a record breaking year it’s been for Edwards Coaches Ltd. a family run business, now in its fifth generation and celebrating 90 years in the transport industry. This week they picked up yet another accolade – the prestigious Gold Status during an Engineering Audit.
The 56 point in depth audit was carried out by National Express and is based on the industry publication by VOSA ‘Guide to Maintaining Roadworthiness’ nicknamed the coach industry’s bible. Edwards Coaches are only the third company to be awarded this Gold Status throughout the UK by National Express.
Edwards Coaches Commercial Director Jason Edwards FCILT said ‘The Gold Status is down to the very high standards of Edwards Coaches, our ethos of ‘there can be no compromise on passenger safety and quality’ has certainly made us proud of what we have achieved in the industry. The Gold Status is a reward for the hard work, commitment and professionalism of the Engineering team, they work tirelessly 24/7 keeping the wheels of Edwards Coaches turning. This is a massive achievement and something the whole team can be immensely proud of – they certainly are the cream of the crop.
- Edwards Coaches Ltd. established in 1925
- Still family owned, now in its 5th generation of the Edwards family
- Employs 470 staff
- Operates 210 vehicles on the road daily
- Carries 6,500 school children home to school daily
- Carries 80,000 coach holiday passengers yearly around the UK and Europe
- Travels 11 million miles per year