At Edwards, we pride ourselves in being one of Wales’ premier tour operators as well as being a well-established family business. Our company culture is friendly and relaxed. On top of the job opportunities and training on offer, we firmly believe that people are at the heart of our business and success.
Our colleagues do amazing things each day: transporting our passengers to and from their holiday destinations, school and work; diagnosing and repairing electrical or mechanical faults on Coaches; provide an excellent level of service to our customers; and are experts in their fields.
We are looking for talented and customer focused people who understand that outstanding customer service is key to everything we do. If you would like to join our team please check out our current vacancies.
PSV / HGV Fitter / Engineer (Based in Llantwit Fardre)
Employee Status: Permanent
Edwards Coaches Ltd (ECL) is looking for a skilled PSV/ HGV fitter/ engineer to join their depot at Bristol. ECL is a fifth generation multi skilled family business and 2016 UK ‘Coach Operator of the Year’. We are the UK’s leading travel and transport company that carries 80,000 holiday passengers yearly, transports 9,400 school children daily, covering 11 million miles a year and employing 570 staff across multi sites.
Edwards are at the forefront of the transport industry and are very proud of its team that delivers the safest and highest engineering standards, constantly striving for perfection and customer satisfaction. As with any business our staff are key and play a huge role in future success, so we work extremely hard to offer a safe, productive and profitable working environment. Our customers know ECL is a name they can trust and our loyal workforce are driven by that.
‘Believing in better’ has helped us become a thriving business, multi UK award winning in the travel and transport industry. We’ve developed amazing products and services and delivered exceptional levels of service across all fascists of the travel and transport industry. Our success is largely thanks to the dedicated people that work here. You will become part of a very energetic and successful hard working team that continually delivers brilliant results, the right way.
- The successful candidate’s will work under our Workshop Manger and ensure its fleet of modern vehicles are maintained to the highest of standards and above the legal requirements and guidelines carrying out routine inspections, servicing and repairs. Compliance with strict Health and Safety standards
- A fully qualified technician with either City & Guilds or NVQ level (ideally HGV / PSV);
- Experience maintaining and repairing commercial vehicles such as HGV, PSV or LGV’s ;
- Fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment, vehicle lifts, etc.;
- PSV/HGV 1 licence or happy to obtain;
- Willing to work overtime as and when required.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results then you could be the next big part of our team. Please send your CV to email@example.com or apply below.
It’s our people that make ECL one of the UK’s leading transport and travel companies.
Job Type: Full-time
PSV Driver (Based in Pembroke Dock)
Post Title: PSV Driver
Responsible To: Transport Supervisor
Job Summary: Our PSV Drivers are professional, enthusiastic, and customer focussed individuals who have a record of safe driving. They are adaptable to different types of work and will go the extra mile for our passengers.
- Completing vehicle checks prior to journeys to ensure that the vehicle is legal, safe and clean;
- Ensuring that all relevant paperwork is present e.g. Driving Licence, Schools Transport signs, CRB Card, Digi Tacho card, High-Visibility clothing, etc.;
- Driving on pre-determined routes and maintain appropriate time schedules on School Contracts;
- Checking boarding passes for each passenger to ensure they are able to board the vehicle;
- Driving Private Hire groups and ensuring that their itinerary is met, and will include day trips and transporting groups of school children;
- Assisting passengers (where required) to board or alight the vehicle;
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations and rules are followed;
- Checking the vehicle for lost property and hand into a Supervisor; and
- Any other duties as assigned by your Manager.
Customer Services Duties
- Providing excellent levels of customer service to all passengers, ensuring that you are approachable, calm and professional at all times;
- Reporting all incidents to the Transport Manager immediately and complete incident reporting forms; and
- In the event of a breakdown, ensuring that all relevant procedures are followed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Category D driving licence and up to date CPC
- Digital Tachograph card
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to keep calm in stressful situations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and use initiative
- Previous schools contract experience would be an advantage